Zhivko Hristakiev Petrov
Executive director of EA "Maritime administration"
POWERS OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- The Agency shall be managed and represented by an Executive Director appointed by the Minister of Transport in coordination with the Prime-Minister.
- The Executive Director shall be a body of the executive power.
- The Executive Director shall be responsible for the organization and activity of the agency.
The Executive Director:
- Organize the implementation of ordinances, rules of procedure, policies and orders on the issues related to shipping;
- Exercise control on the Bulgarian ships in the events envisaged by the law;
- Exercise control on ships calling at Bulgarian ports;
- Exercise control on the safety of shipping in the sea spaces and inland waterways of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Exercise control on the sea spaces and inland waterways of the Republic of Bulgaria with respect to the issues related to protection of the marine and river environment from pollution as well as to prevention, decrease and limitation of pollution from ships;
- Organize and manage the combat against oil pollution incidents in the Black Sea and Danube river regions of responsibility of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Organize and manage search and rescue activities at sea;
- Ensure participation in the work of international shipping organizations by:
- organizing the implementation of obligations arising out of Bulgaria's membership in international specialized organizations as well as the implementation of obligations under international agreements in the field of shipping, to which the Republic of Bulgaria is a party;
- draft proposals to the Minister of Transport on the conclusion, accession to, ratification, denunciation and amendment of international agreements and on participation in international organizations;
- Conclude contracts related to the implementation of the Agency's activities;
- Define the structure of the sections and endorse the job descriptions of Agency's employees;
- Appoint and dismiss the civil servants in the Agency;
- Conclude, amend and terminate labour contracts with the Agency's employees;
- Permit the issuing of seafarer passports to seafarers;
- Make decisions with respect to the conduction of public procurement procedures and the assignment of public procurements;
- Organize the issuing of periodical and information newsletters and reports;
- Manage, organize and supervise the implementation of the Agency's activities related to defense and mobilization training and civil defense in times of peace, crisis and war;
- Make proposals to the Minister of Transport on the harmonization of the national legislation in the field of maritime transport with the respective legislation of the European Union and with the Acts of the relevant international organizations;
- Endorse the internal rules of procedure of the Agency, the salaries and awards of employees;
- Issue mandatory rules in accordance with the provisions of the Merchant Shipping Code;
- Ensure the participation in the work of specialized structures of the European Union in the field of safety of shipping and the prevention of the marine environment from ships;
- Assist the Minister of Transport by fulfilling of his powers arising out from Article 7, paragraph 1 of the Merchant Shipping Code;
- Adopt the programme of professional competency trainings of good carriers on inland water ways;
- In the absence of the Executive Director, the Executive Director's functions shall be performed by an employee of the Agency, assigned the task by means of a written order of the Executive Director.
The Executive Director shall determine which employees of the specialized administration directorates shall be assigned inspectors' functions for the exercising of control envisaged by the Merchant Shipping Code.
Pursuant to one's powers, the Executive Director shall issue individual administrative acts.
The Executive Director shall organize the collection, summarizing and record keeping of statistical information from the Agency's activity.
The Executive Director shall organize the introduction of a system for electronic collection of data from the Agency's registers.
The Executive Director shall be responsible for the timely collection of the Agency's revenues and the feasible and lawful expenditure of the budget credits.
The Executive Director shall make an annual report to the Minister of Transport on the Agency's activity.
The Executive Director shall exercise one's powers in cooperation with the authorities of the executive power for the purpose of implementing the uniform government policy.